What do errors in Memtest86 mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not familiar with that term, lol. I'm guessing "F**ked Up Beyond Any Recognition?" lol. It works fine regularly, but I overclocked it and errors came up, I'm just trying to figure out what they mean.

Flanker said:
Not familiar with that term, lol. I'm guessing "F**ked Up Beyond Any Recognition?" lol. It works fine regularly, but I overclocked it and errors came up, I'm just trying to figure out what they mean.
simple.. you overclocked it too high, your RAM doesn't like running at that speed

Yes, its true. *feels guilty* I overclocked it too far. If there are memory errors, how well will it run during windows? Or is it that it won't run at all?

and do you ALWAYS recieve SOME errors from overclocking, or only from overclocking too far?

if you overclock it far enough to get errors, a lot of the time it can boot up fine, but programs can crash, and sometimes files not written properly on the hard drive leading to corrupt files

and it depends on what RAM you're using, to how far it will overclock before getting errors. usually you can overclock it a certain amount without errors

My goal is to equal the performance of a FX-57. Because it has twice the L2 cache, I'm assuming pushing the 3200+ to 3.0Ghz should equal the FX-57's 2.8Ghz. But if I had a 3700+, I would only need to overclock it .4GHz (233MHz FSB) to equal the FX-57's 2.8. Most overclocking ram can do 33MHz high easy, but none can do 100MHz higher.

Thus, I'm regretting buying the 3200+. Its still a very good processor though, I'd just rather have bought the 3700+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom