2x Options to boot into Windows XP Home on Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am re-installing Windows XP Home on a computer.

I did a fresh install of the OS. Ie. Delete Old Partition.

However now every time I boot up into Windows XP Home, while is still in the command promt, it's asking whether I want to Boot into Windows Xp Home or Windows Xp Home.

And then giving me 30 seconds to choose.

How do I get rid of this?
(with out having to format the harddrive and reload the OS)

i donno how to do it either.. last time mine went like this was when my install disc crashed halfway through, i had to get another one from the manufacture (came with my computer).. When i installed the new one, they gave me the two option thing, only thing i could think of doing at the time was wipe everything out and install again :|

here is a workaround you can set it to wait 0 seconds for perfered OS. You would not have to reinstall. I would wipe it clean and start over.

Open System in Control Panel.
On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Under System startup, in the Default operating system list, click the operating system you want to start when you turn on or restart your computer.
Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and then type the number of seconds you want the list displayed before the default operating system starts automatically

START>RUN>MSCONFIG>BOOT.INI>CHECK ALL BOOT PATHS. It should error out and ask you if you want to remove that line and click YES. Also you can manually edit the BOOT.INI file to fix the problem.

Some one in the office showed me to manually edit the C:\BOOT.INI file.

Works fine now.

Win2kpatcher said:
START>RUN>MSCONFIG>BOOT.INI>CHECK ALL BOOT PATHS. It should error out and ask you if you want to remove that line and click YES. Also you can manually edit the BOOT.INI file to fix the problem.

I'm going to remember this as it sound a lot quick than booting from my drive image cd (it take a while to load) and using restore mbr.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom