WILL PAY YOU 100$ to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
see i had this same ezact problem with my old set up 3200+(754) asus k8n-e deluxe mobo and x800xl 256 so i upgraded those three things and still same problem

Well at this point I would try sending back the video card.

EDIT: Have you checked the PSU, to see how stable it is, it could be causing these problems, but I doubt it.

geez i dont wana send it back ... that is the most expensive part on my computer i dont think its the card... because it was doing that before i replaced it

I suspect you've still got parts of old ATI drivers

you could try uninstalling all video drivers, and getting a program to completely erase their remnants (like this one), then reinstall the latest Nvidia drivers.

first off, a double post thread. second off, if i recall correctly, you have a PSU that is what, 480w? and you are running 6 case fans, a cpu fan, a 7800gtx 256mb video card, a hard drive, probably at least 2 optical drives...we told you in the other thread, you need to consider a higher wattage power supply. antec is a good brand, but i suggest you go with a 550 or a 600 like we told you in the other thread.

even if it doesnt solve the problem of stuttering, you have more of a chance of not screwing yourself over with not enough power.

I'm gonna sum this up....Your PSU isn't big enough to run a high powered card such as the 7800gtx, I upgraded my friends machine with the x800xl and a half an hour after I installed it, his 400watt PSU fried. And on top of it, in your last thread everyone stated that your PSU isn't putting out enough juice. The first thing I would try is your PSU, just like hikaricloud. Now If I could I get that socket 754 by this weekend that would be great....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom