System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iantosca

In Runtime
I lost the system restore cd for my computer. I contacted the vendor and they told me that I would have to pay $35 for a cd just containing the drivers and not the operating system ... not happening especially since I can just download them for free anyway.

I want to format my hard drive, but have no system restore cd. I want clear my computer of all of the changes made since I bought it ... all software, updated drivers, etc. But since I lost the system restore cd I can't put the OS back on it.

Has anyone ever had this problem before and overcame it using software, whatever. Please help me out. Thanks. :mad:

Alright, I'll ask this way: Does anyone know of a way to just take the windows os setup files off of a computer?

Are they stored in the windows folder? I have my key, it's a legit copy. I just lost my restore cd. :(

Which Manufactor is it? Compaq and HP usually, depending on how old, have the system restore on a partition.

I don't really know the solution that you're looking for. But why not isntall your OS over your current one, it should leave all of your files. I would back up first of course anyways.

All of the source files are in a folder named I386, usually located in C:\windows\I386, but they are all compressed meaning they are all named .DL_ for .DLL, you would have to know all of the extensions.

Or you could find a pirated copy of windows and since you have your key it would be "legal", I think. anybody know?

Well it is pirated so it wouldnt be legal even if you use your own CD Key. But it should work. Not the right thing to do but i am not here to argue that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom