oc my FX-55 San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaross said:
I was changing the V core with Clockgen. Im pretty sure everything in the hardware is ok because when I was setting it back to stock settings, I was an idiot and lowered the voltage first, and my computer shutdown right away! :rolleyes:

plus, doesnt PC WIzard need to know all the spicifics of my Mobo for it to be accurate? because it doesnt know what DFI is.

that would be unstable, right?^

yep when your computer errors in prime or crashes that means that it is unstable. u now know that you can't lower the vcore to whatever u did before.

btw the bios is the best way to oc :)

doesnt seem like the bios is, atleast to see what settings I want. once I find what I want, i will use the bios, but it seems like clockgen is the best for testing stability and so on because you dont have to log in to windows and run 3D Mark or CPU Burn in or whatever and then restart your computer if you want to change it again.

Clockgen may save you a minute or two rather than waiting for your PC to boot up, but I can tell you, in the long run, you will encounter some problems and you won't see anywhere close to your CPUs full potential. Clockgen yields poorer results with higher risks.

Your largest problem at this point would be your memory, 2GB will not handle higher FSB speeds very well and you may find yourself resorting to a divider. I hope you have remembered to lower LDT multiplier and loosen timings and increase vdimm.

ya, i saw it in Maximum PC. Assuming it will fit in my case, im getting one eventually.
Yea, i measured the deminsions and all, and its to big for my case. I have a Raidmax Scorpio case and i will have to keep the sidepanel off because it will stick out. Not like it really matters though cause its never on anyways.

DJ-CHRIS said:
DO NOT PUT IT IN A MINIFRDIGE. Warm and cool temperatures = condensation.

27 seems too low for an idle, watch it since you may have faulty temperature sensors

A SUCCESSFUL PC in a fridge -

I boot up ~18-20C on any given day (1.45v) and I'm running on air AND fanless...jsut a bare heatsink. :) so really im running on...err...metal lol.

I idle ~32-36C, and load ~45-50C depending on room temp.

PizzatheHut06 said:
4W4K3, that is so freakin tight it's ridiculous, for real.

It won a contest, along with 15 other exceptional coputer mods at...Quakeon was it? i dunno...is that even how u spell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom