AMD X to tha 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRAP! A 2.8 GHZ AMD? THATS SWEET!!!!
/Creams pants

Anyways, it seems like amd is catching up in terms of shown cpu speeds. I think intels best is like, 3.8 isnt it?

that means the amd 2.8 is like equal to a 4 ghz intel.. WOW...anyways you want to be ahead of the game dont you. so you might as well go with the dual core x2

PZEROFGH said:
that means the amd 2.8 is like equal to a 4 ghz intel.. WOW...anyways you want to be ahead of the game dont you. so you might as well go with the dual core x2

Better I believe. Isn't the 2.8 one of the 4400 or 4600? In that case their marginally eqivilent to a Intell 4.4 ghz, and the dual core would be running intense multimedia programs betters than a 4.4 ghz single core.

I believe, but don't quote me on it.

the x2 4800 is running at 2.4Ghz, the fx-57 is running at 2.8,

wait so the 4800 is equal to a pentium 4 4.8 hence the "4800"
would that work for dual cores...? wouldnt meant the fx-57 is about equal to a p4 4ghz...

PZEROFGH said:
the x2 4800 is running at 2.4Ghz, the fx-57 is running at 2.8,

wait so the 4800 is equal to a pentium 4 4.8 hence the "4800"
would that work for dual cores...? wouldnt meant the fx-57 is about equal to a p4 4ghz...

Well the dual core processors are pretty much dual processors in one socket, I believe (numbers are hypothetical) a 4000 X2 would be like a dual 2000 system... Ultimately giving you the speed of a 4000 system, just over two processors, you tend to have to use programs that utalize that or be running multiple programs.

RainDownMyBlues said:
Well the dual core processors are pretty much dual processors in one socket, I believe (numbers are hypothetical) a 4000 X2 would be like a dual 2000 system... Ultimately giving you the speed of a 4000 system, just over two processors, you tend to have to use programs that utalize that or be running multiple programs.

you just blew that right over my head:umm:

PZEROFGH said:
you just blew that right over my head:umm:

Lol You know how Mac G5's are dual processor machines right?

Well, dual core is just like a dual processor machine.

But a 4000 dual core would be like having two 2000 processors running at once, effectively being 4000.

i get that, its like having 2 processors but really only having one but running at 2 processor, but physically its only one processor that has the power of 2 processors in one. one of those 2 for 1 deals :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom