System Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
I need to get my case cooler. I only have space for one 120mm fan in my case and I have a fan in it. I ordered Arctic Cooling 5 for the CPU but I still need to get the CPU cooler. Its Idling at 55*C and I don't even know how high it goes under pressure. I have the stock HSF, will getting a new, better-quality HSF help?

Also, should I tear a hole into the side of my case to add a fan or two there? Will it be too hard, and is it worth it?

will getting a new, better-quality HSF help?
They wouldn't sell after market heatsinks if they didn't help.

That's a damn hot CPU considering it's a 3200+ venice.

Most people will tell you to get a Zalman series heatsink....as I haven't bought a heatsink in a long ass time since I have water cooling I don't know the exact model number, but just look into zalmans, they got a couple in 90mm and 120mm that are rather huge but cool well

have you got cooling paste under you heatsink. i didnt and it was at 48 degrees, got some paste and now its at 34. i wouldnt 'tear' a hole in your case, just leave the whole side off, unless you know what your doing.
also and exhaust fan maybe an idea (goes on a pci slot) but dont buy a cheap one, i did and it made my system hotter? alotho a decided to place it at the side of the hdd so it blew air under the motherboard which cooled it to 26 (motherboard) alto i wouldnt recommend doing that.

Sweet, thanks guys. My Case is very anti-cooling, so thats probably why by hardware is running so hot. I ordered Arctic Cooling 5 so it should be here soon.

Is the Zalman simply a huge fan or does it also have a heatsink? I ask because I still want to put arctic cooling on the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom