It's time to play "How much would you pay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my Lord. I'm not going to search the forums on why Dell is bad. For pete's sakes, give me a tangible reason.

And please let it be something other than technical support. I know they are not the greatest and very slow on the phone.

as you can see bagelred wont need to upgrade in the near future, he would probably just buy another one. and if something goes bad he just always call tech-support, i dont think there is anything really wrong with dell, its just that they use "cheapy componets" and wont let you upgrade or OC

i havent had expierence with the dell customer support but i have had expierence with the compaq support. they were the worst support ever. i said i wasnt getting internet and they said "well your NIC is probably bad" i was like OKKKAAY this comp is 3 years old i doubt it. hung up n called microsoft, whos customer support is pure ownage. it only costs 30 bucks but its well worth it. they owned compaq and now its fixed :D

bagelred said:
Oh my Lord. I'm not going to search the forums on why Dell is bad. For pete's sakes, give me a tangible reason.

And please let it be something other than technical support. I know they are not the greatest and very slow on the phone.

Overpriced (Expisally in non low end systems)
Non upgradeable for the main part
Cheap components that often fail
Unfair buisness practices
Spyware comes installed with the PC
Hardware key loggers in newer laptops
XP is non transferable, the CD key wont work on non dell PC's.

that's good enough for me :D but yeah they are really overpriced like that XPS. i customized one and got 3000 dollars somehow? and they call it a gaming " " computer because it has a choice of an X850 or a 6800GT WOOOOO!!!!! lol they don't even use AMD processors. i didn't know about the CD keys Chris... thanks.

AHH!! why must they lead tward ATI?!??!?!!?!?! i don't know abt yall but im a die hard nvidia fan. dang the 7800GTX pwns the X850 :D :D :D oooo accoding to Dell its "Enhanced Graphics"

actually the home edition cd keys work, well most all home edition cd keys work on any other desktop or computer. but pro wont work sense you can only use one cd key per computer sense they are all loaded up in the microsoft home base or something, but i do know that the home edition cds work for me, sense i did it like 20 times with the same cd and same cd key for about 4 different computers

But was the computer a dell...

Yes I have pulled CD keys off machinnes before and used them on other PC's :)

Overpriced (Expisally in non low end systems) - NOT REALLY IN LOW END SYSTEMS, THEY ALWAYS HAVE GOOD COUPON CODES, JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND GET A GOOD DEAL

Non upgradeable for the main part - DON'T CARE, USUALLY USE SYSTEM AND WHEN OUTDATED, SELL AND BUY NEW ONE

Cheap components that often fail - EXCELLENT RELIABILITY SCORES TYPICALLY

Unfair buisness practices - THAT MIGHT BE TRUE, BUT IF DOESN'T AFFECT ME, I DON'T CARE

Spyware comes installed with the PC - OK, THAT'S BAD, BUT I BET OTHER COMPANIES DO THIS TOO

Hardware key loggers in newer laptops - DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

XP is non transferable, the CD key wont work on non dell PC's. - I DON'T CARE, I'M USING XP ON THE DELL. ISN'T IT ILLEGAL TO TRANSFER ANYWAY?

See, most of those issues don't effect me.

the computer was not a dell, i used the home edition cd on my sony computer, and my built one. and on a gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom