ARES P2P Program Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saving the changes made before shutting down the application? That can be the problem as sometimes it doesnt automatically save before it shuts down. Then on restart it goes back to default settings. That is what it sounds like to me. If you are saving and it is still doing that then it has to be a problem with the application. Check here and see if this is what you get when you do the file unshare procedure. If it still happens then i would have to say it needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled as it has gotten corrupted.

Well, it doesnt have a "save changes" option. You either share or don't share. I did everything that the link told me to do. I'd like to get some more opinions on the matter before I actually go ahead and re-install. Since it's happened before.

You are making this way to complicated. Take the files out of the share folder you don't want to share. Name it: Noshare or something like that and then forget about it. If the files you are sharing do not have easily identified "names", i.e., jpeg001 etc., rename them in a way that makes them easily identified and then you can more easily move them around without losing sight of exactly what your file inventory is in each folder.

Allright, lets leave it at I CANT move the files. Im not allowed to. Personal reasons, all you guys should know. Now, is it something with the program? Is it something I did? Please keep the help coming. Please.

Well since you refuse to remove them i dont see how you can stop them from being shared. I dont use p2p much anymore. I would just do the changed but dont close the program out when finished. Just mini it into the tray and then when you want it again then restore it. Maybe it is just that by it closing it is reverting to default settings. Check all option and preference menu and see if those do something. Other than that your only option is to mive, but you refuse so you will have to either live with it or move them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom