New Computer wont start at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyco_nitro

Beta member
The ther day i went out and purchased all the components and built myself a little machine. Everything is in there where it is suppssed to be. When i went to turn it on for the first time, it turned on...but nothing apeared on the screen. I thought it might have been a problem with the monitor...but it did the same with another one. Then i checked the video card and made sure it was in nice and snug. I even tried using a different video card that worked..and still nothing on the screen. At this point I am not too sure what to do.

Motherboard: Asus P5P800
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 640 at 3.2Ghz
Video Card: EVGA e-GeForce 6600 GT AGP
Memory: 1gb (2x512) OZC dual channel kit PC3200
Hard Drive: 200Gb Western Digital SATA
DVD: LGA SuperMulti drive
Network Card: D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G520

Reseat the memory and the video card again. Pull the battery out for 15 minutes then put it back in and try again. You might have a defective motherboard. Did you plug in the 4-pin power connector from the power supply to the motherboard?

Alright, I reseated the RAM and Video Card, and yes the 4-pin connector was connected. I took out the battery and back in again. But still I get the same results.

is the cd cable (i think it the cd cable) plugged in the right way. i had the same problem and found out that the cd data cable thing was plugged in the motherboard the wrong way round. its either the cd/hdd or floppy cable, im new and dont know much :) but that was my problem

whats the cmos and how do i reset it. is that the thing where you take the motherboard battery out and do you think that could be my problem as i was getting ready to throw that board out.:(

first off, i would take out the network card to avoid any issues.

second: does that motherboard support the 3.2Ghz processor? it will say in the manual.

third: what size is the PSU?

Asus A7V8X-X motherboard for use with socket A CPUs such as Athlons, Athlon XPs, Durons and Semprons up to 3000+.

ive got a casecom 500w PSU (i did have a 250w but it didnt have enough juice) and im trying to use an AMD athlon xp 2.8ghz CPU in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom