Inside Scoop on the X-Fi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
The X-Fi's specifications are impressive. To wit: The central processor in Creative's current-generation soundcard (Audigy 2) includes 4.6 million transistors, is clocked at 200MHz, and is capable of executing about 424 MIPS ( million instructions per second). The X-Fi, meanwhile, boasts 51.1 million transistors, runs at 400MHz, and is capable of 10,340 MIPS. So in terms of MIPS, the X-Fi is 24 times more powerful than its predecessor.

The X-Fi chip will support a new version of Creative's EAX environmenta audio API, as wel as DirectSound itself and OpenAL.

Creative expects to ship the X-Fi in early September. Pricing had not been established.

Well sounds pretty sweet to me i want to get it when it comes out :D

I wonder if creative will sell the chip to company's however.
I wouldnt mind this chipset, in some good sounding cards :)

yeah i've never gotten a chance to buy a creative soundcard but this one sounds sweet i may get it when it comes out. its just one less process for your CPU to carry out :)

It's good news. Very Good news... But. we've been talking about this for a few months now. IT's due out in september... a few weeks away..
Ranging from $135 vanilla, $185 platinum, $399 full blown deluxe uber version.

1 of the impressive things about X-FI is it's supposed to turn normal everyday headphones into surround sound masterpieces. Also. It will enable game makers to incorporate over 128 voices in all new games.

Plus, for games that use VOIP and COMMS, depending on the environment that your player is in, when you speak you voice will be heard as if you are in that environment.

There are tons of other great things about this new card. But, lets just see how it is when it launches.... Should be good.

That's really not that bad of a price considering my Audigy 2 ZS Gamer was that much about a year ago. I am going to get one of these just for the headphone effects talked about. It's also supposed to make music sound incredible with the 24-bit crystalizer.

I have seen stuff like this "crystalizer" done before. Pioneer uses the same process in the Legato Link enabled components.

In the end, crystalizer / Legato Link is nothing to really brag about, I still prefer to have my perfect normal sound.

they say that through uncompressing...(?) the data it will make music sound near DVD audio quality...this is what I've read anyway.

its similar to like 100000 others also whats new?
but for 130$ thats it it kills the auudigy but it about the same price rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom