radeon vs geforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear doesnt run well on ATI cards?!? I dont know, im in the process of downloading it, but its sponsored by ATI, I thought. HL2 runs better on ATI cards and it is sponsored by ATI, I thought that was how it worked.

and yes, considering its price, the X850 XT Platnum, is not as good as comperable Nvidia cards, but you can get the X850 XT PE on tigerdirect, like I did for half the price as the top of the line nvidia cards...

the next gen of ati cards should be out soon, the r520. All the hype on the net says that it is gunne be insane, like, 2 times as fast as a 6800 n stuff like that, not sure if its true or not

what agp ati card is equal to the 6600GT. the x800 is 200 dollars which is expensive, the 9800 pro is cheaper but is 3 generations ago. what would you say would compete with the 6600GT, and please dont say the x800GT cause that only comes in pcie

PZEROFGH said:
what agp ati card is equal to the 6600GT. the x800 is 200 dollars which is expensive, the 9800 pro is cheaper but is 3 generations ago. what would you say would compete with the 6600GT, and please dont say the x800GT cause that only comes in pcie

It is the x800GT that is supposed to compete with it, unfortunetly ATI hasnt mastered making an PCI-E to AGP bridge unlike nvidia.

I agree, also the r520 was supposed to be out way long ago but cause the techs in the office wont get their heads outa their asses its been delayed so much. Im sorry, but its obvious who is better. But in any case the 6800GT you own is very nice. Also HL2 may be sponsored by ATI but that dosent mean ATI cards run better on it. Also the same w/ FEAR. The Nvidia cards are even beating out ATI in its own game, how sad.

i seen many reviews that ATI cards do run HL2 better, but with fear im really thinking Nvidia is beating, i bet the R520 is going to be a total failure

EDIT: or maybe ATI will come back and bring out card after card and crush nvidia............nah

i am about to upgrade soon using my warrenty at compusa. . .

so either x800xt or 6800gt . . .

right now i'm playing Counterstrick Source

prolly BF2 soon. . .

i'm on x700pro at moment . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom