The Big Black Monster: Just Ordered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Today, I received a mailing from PC POWER AND COOLING. It was a Discount Card for 50% off of all products bought until September 30th.
This Discount Card was also accompanied by a letter thanking me for all my recent purchases from PCP&C. See, when I build people PC's i don't use anything else but their power supplies. Mostly Silencers...

So I took this incredible opportunity to set myself up with the Monster of all power supplies... The PCP&C 850w Turbo Cool SSI which normally goes for about $469 USD. But since i'm getting 50% off... It's $234.50 and S&H will be about $15.00.

The only thing that sucks is, I can't use it right now in my current RIG. And i'm not exactly ready to build my ultimate gamer yet. But, atleast now, with this huge discount, it will save me 234.50 later....

Thanks PCP&C!

Wow! That is alot of watts... anywho.. why cant you use it now? And 250 bucks is still alot for a power supply. I only payed 50 bucks for mine and it works great...

P.P. Mguire said:
How come you cant use it now?

ah.. because i don't have an SLI system right now. It's AGP and only 20pin power connector. This new one is 24pin and won't work with my current system. Plus even if it did it would be a total overkill.

I'm saving this sucker for my next build. Probably December or January

Either AMD X2 4800+ or FX57
DFI - Lanparty SLI-DR or ATI Crossfire Mobo
(2) 7800GTX or (2) R520XT's in crossfire...

You get the picture.... I have everything else I need to rebuild... Just those components will be upgraded. But, I need about $2000.00 to do it. Which i'm going to bank over the next few months... While I wait to see what else comes out new in that time...

Should be a nice winter though...

I think the only differnce is the 4 pins added to one of the sides which is probably 2, 12V and two ground lines..... Not sure though................

HAVOC2k5 said:
ah.. because i don't have an SLI system right now. It's AGP and only 20pin power connector. This new one is 24pin and won't work with my current system. Plus even if it did it would be a total overkill.

I'm saving this sucker for my next build. Probably December or January

Either AMD X2 4800+ or FX57
DFI - Lanparty SLI-DR or ATI Crossfire Mobo
(2) 7800GTX or (2) R520XT's in crossfire...

You get the picture.... I have everything else I need to rebuild... Just those components will be upgraded. But, I need about $2000.00 to do it. Which i'm going to bank over the next few months... While I wait to see what else comes out new in that time...

Should be a nice winter though...
you can mod the Ultra-D into an SLI-D. although apparently Nvidia are going to make the Nforce4 unmoddable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom