MSI Neo-fsb MoBo
Lite on cd/rw drive
Sound Blaster live 24 bit
10/100 linksys ethernet card
P4 3Ghz
Logitech 5.1 surround X-530 speakers
5 total fans
ViewSonic G70f monitor

Whenever I play a game or watch a video, I am plauged by either a blue screen or a memory error.

I think I have isolated the problem to the ram.
I think this because when I removed one stick of ram, I could play my game or watch a video for longer. I am sending the ram back to get it replaced soon, but I want to know what you think.
The bluescreens are usually 0X0000008E, and the memory errors are "Memory could not be read".

Please help me, my dad is getting upset because I can only play games on the laptop, he complains because he bought me this computer. I really want to play half life 2 and gmod with the graphical strength of my computer.

No, no it didn't help. And if what any of you say doesn't help, your concern is worthless to me.

it's a memory error, so I'd either say it's your paging file settings, your RAM, your motherboard's memory controller. it might also be some corrupt files Windows uses to manage memory.

apokalipse said:
it's a memory error, so I'd either say it's your paging file settings, your RAM, your motherboard's memory controller. it might also be some corrupt files Windows uses to manage memory.

Motherboard runs fine. I've tweaked the paging file, I just set it to system controlled so it might help. I've recently updated my service pack so we can eliminate corrupt windows files.

I set it to system controlled and it didn't help. I'm getting an RMA on my kingston ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom