Computer wont start because of hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, nite stick, which one is IDE coneected, the white coonected or that thin cable????

Jaybness said:
How far along do the computers make it? Are they freezing at POST? Do the computers even power on? Please give some more specific information. :)

yeh the computers dunt even power on, i press the button and jack shit happens

I had the same issue happen this last week. I had removed a HDD from a PC to back it up, and when I replaced it, nothing. What I ended up having to do (since I did change jumper settings) was change the setting to cable select. This is odd, b/c the drive was originally set to Master, but it worked for me...worth a shot.

~Josh

beefyboi said:
ok, nite stick, which one is IDE coneected, the white coonected or that thin cable????

The IDE Ribbon Cable is the White, flexible one. The Thin one is likely the power connector.

He tried to take an HDD out of his computer, with an OS installed on it. Then he installed it in his friends computer and expected it to boot to windows because it had an OS installed on it. But, it didn't work and it won't.

After reinstalling the HDD back in his computer, he found that it won't boot there either? Why? Because in an attempt to have windows boot from another PC in which it wasn't originally installed, "The boot sector" of the hard drive became corrupt. Now unless he made a boot disk, he'll have to reformat the HDD and reinstall windows...

Good Luck..

Couldn't he just rewrite the boot sector??? That's FIXBOOT under Recovery Console. (Just a suggestion). Also, if indeed it is the boot sector, wouldn't the computer still power on? I thought the Motherboard had control until POST passed.

~Josh

hey guys thanx for everything but i dont need ur help any more, i tryed bootin the hdd with just that hin cavle and it worked, then i tryed with both cables and it didnt work, then i just put that white coonecter and it dint work.

So now i relies that its sum shit to do with the power, so i conected it through some rack that my friend gave me, and i the connected the rack to my comp, then the rack caught fire.

so now im going to try and return it back to the computer place i bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom