unlocking a athlon 2500 barton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i have a amd athlon 2500 333mhz fsb 1.83 ghz barton core processor. and i have heard that my cpu is unlockable because its the exact same as xp3200, its only my processors multiplier was locked, well i already overclock it to 2.31ghz so unlocking it would mean nothing right? or i could maybe sell it as a xp3200 how do i unlock it has hav not found any links on this?

The multipliers where locked on the XP processors for a reason, and i have found no way of unlocking them. SO if you want a 3200+ then you gotta buy one. BTW i was running a 2600+@2.3ghz and it was fine there runing at 3300+ speeds. ANd where did you hear you can unlock it and that its the same as a 3200+?

well it comes from the same production line so that is technically true its just that the 3200 are the best ones off the production lines and 2600 are the not so great ones. im pritty sure that you can mod your cpu i think its a pin mod but its dangerous

I wouldnt do it personaly, its dangerous and just for a little speed increase its not worth it. If you want 3300+ speeds then get a 2600+ and set the fsb on 200 and it will set it at 2.3ghz and ram at pc3200 speeds.

Ok, to clear some things up...some people know this already but it's mainly for the thread starter.

The 2500 has barton core...same as the 3200+ which means it can run up at the same speeds in most cases no problems.

Theres nothing to unlock...it's simply the fact you can OC that particular chip rather easily and expect to get 3200+ speeds...You've already noticed that since you have yours at 2.3GHz so boom there you go, it's a 3300+ if you want since it's 100MHz higher..

Not all AMD processors are locked.

The XP-Mobiles have open multipliers, and also the AMD64s can have the multis turned down but not up with the exception of the FX series.

wow why would a company lock that kinda thing. AMD caugh caugh
Why would a comany charge more for a CPU that has less performance than the other company... "Intel...caugh caugh"

The XP-mobiles yes, but what you said nubius is basicaly the same thing i said. No performance increase from buying a 3200+ and OCing your 2500+ to 3300+ speeds.

just checking, if u oc using the muliplier, it will only affect the proc, not the whole pc, right? ive never been sure about this.

if ur procs multiplier IS locked, cant u just change the fsb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom