PSU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HallEffect

Solid State Member
I recently bought and built a new PC. My video card wasn't working properly so I called my card's tech support and they said that my current power supply didn't have high enough max amps on the twelve rail (it had 18 when they said it should be 20+) so I bought a new power supply.

The problem is, I installed it into the case and connected all the wires correctly, plugged it in and hit the on switch, but nothing came on. My motherboard light didn't come on so i know it wasn't recieving power. The power supply itself didn't even get power, as i couldn't hear it and the fans didn't come on. I was wondering what the problem was and how I could fix it

it's a Tagan TGA480-U01 and it's 480W. In case you're thinking I have it set to the wrong voltage, i've already checked, it's not at 230. thanks for the help.

atx.jpg

Test the power supply using this diagram to see if it's doing anything

What type of MOBO do you have? Have you ever booted this PC up since you built it?

If not then it could be the CMOS jumper is in the clear position. Some MOBO's ship like that to save the CMOS battery life and they must be set to normal before the MOBO will power up.

well when i had the old PSU, i got power on both the card and the mobo, and the cmos jumper is normal, but the psu just simply won't start. do you think it's just faulty and i need to contact newegg and get a replacement?

Not trying to state the obvious, but make sure to check that the PSU itself doesn't have an "On-Off" Switch. Some PSU's come in the "Off" Position right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom