Help a Newb Wanting to build a Pimp Gaming Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a new monitor...thats 500 dollars when he can lower that and get a better vidoe card. well he said that he doesnt want to spend up to 2000 dollar but he said he would if he absolutely has to

That power supply in that case is not going to work at all what so ever in anyway shape or form.

With the components you plan on installing, you'll need a solid SLI/PCI Express PSU - and something with at least (2) +12v rails @ 20a each.

I suggest PCP&C Turbo-Cool 510 SLI Deluxe...

PZEROFGH said:
thats why we have an OCZ powerstream 520W power supply

READ THE LIST

I did read the list.

And see a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR MOBO which requires a PSU that is ATX12v (2.01) and an SLI ready PSU. And then I saw a OCZ powerstream 520W which is not SLI ready and is only ATX12v (2.0).

This power supply might work, but will be unstable. He could probably buy a (Molex to 4 addition pin) adapter, but i wouldn't recommend that. I'm sure DFI wouldn't recommend it either.

Oh, I just read the change in the list. No more SLI MOBO.
Well for future knowledge, you must take this into consideration. If you recommend someone something, you should have a soild knowledge about what you are recommending... Just a tip...

I appreciate the advice for the top end stuff, even though I probably won't get it <---- poor college student. It is good to know what I can look for if I ever do get rich. I am a Business - Computer Information Systems Major so you never know.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good case that would fit everything we have been talking about? Also any recommendations for good medium price speakers would be nice. Thanks.

I would probably use the payment plan that NewEgg allows to get this stuff so I can have as much money as i need, i just don't want to be putting paychecks into this for the rest of my life since I have a 1 year old baby and another on the way and my wife hates anything that has to do with computers anyway. =( that added to the fact that I am a 22 year old college student and I also need to get a second car so that my wife can have one too I would prefer to keep the cost as low as I possibly can but I still want to get a near top of the line gaming computer.

if you want to spend some money, dont go with a 19in LCD monitor and just get a nice 17 in probably 16 in viewable CRT monitor or even a 19 in CRT monitor which would prob ably be the price of a 17 in LCD monitor.

I had a question about the case that you showed, it looks good for what I need. Would I be able to just ust he Power supply that comes with it or should I still buy the one that you made a link to in the earlier post?

Also a review of the case said "...make sure you buy a 20-24pin adapter for the PSU if your MB requires a 24pin power connector..."

What does that mean? Would I need to get something different than what we had listed earlier? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom