Control Panel Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpecial

Baseband Member
Hello, I am having a problem changing settings in my control panel. I was able to use the panel just yesterday, but I get an error today.

Everytime I go to the control panel, an error message pops up and says something is wrong with Windows Explorer. This keeps happening, and I have no way of getting in. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

What changes did you make yesterday that caused this to happen. That seems to be the source of the problem. If you didnt make any then try to find the control panel executable...control.exe and replace it with a non corrupt copy. That is about all i can think of.

Ok, for some reason, it only happens when I'm in the Opera browser. When I'm not browsing the net, it's fine. Should I not use the internet AND sue the control panel at the same time?

I am using Windows XP. Last time I went into the Control Panel, I did not make any changes, I just went to see me internet options. And changed nothing.

Hi ...

Try doing a repair installation using the recovery console and also check for the viruses using the online virus scanner at : TRENDMICRO.COM

Bye ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom