Voodoo5 AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasker

Baseband Member
Alright, today has been an astonishing day. After many attempts to successfully boot with my Voodoo5 AGP card in, it finally worked. Today is now a holiday for me, that is how big this is to me. lol
Well, anyways...
Of course, there are problems. The card will run fine under low color and 640x800 mode. Anything else, its like the monitor stops recieving information from the video. The monitor goes into stand by basically. Is there anyway to get this card working fully?
BTW, Im running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 v2600.

1- You gotta be SURE youve totally uninstalled old drivers and installed all new ones for it. Sometimes a fresh OS install is the only way to acomplish it. Its odd.
2- What is your monitors max resolution?

Thanks, and I also want to point out something that I think is odd.
Well, both my modem and voodoo5 are both on IRQ 12. But yet, Windows doesnt detect a conflict. Could that be causing a problem?

One other thing, if this doesnt work, im selling this card. My neighbor wants it and I bought it new for $300 about 2 or 3 years ago. Ive seen them priced from $108 to $186.
What would be a fair price to sell it to him?

What I usually do to find a fair price is locate the item as people are selling it on eBay. Should be able to find a 'happy medium' for cards being sold on there.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom