DFI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssadmin

Baseband Member
Hi,
I recently built my own PC and everything is perfect except no sound comes out from my speakers after connecting it to the motherboard (it has integrated audio). Strange thing is, when I connect the speakers to the front audio ports (for headphones), it works, but the back ports don't.
I'm pretty sure that it is something in Windows that's isn't working, but I have installed the drivers that came with my DFI motherboard (called C-Media) and Windows recognizes it, but still no sound.
However, there is one "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager, but I don't know what it is.
Could it be this? Or is my motherboard broken?

Thanks a lot for your help.

First check your BIOS and make sure it's recognized, if it is

check online for updated/new drivers for the integrated audio

if no luck can't hurt to call tech support and see if there is a known issue they can help you with.

worst case scenario you can buy a sound card for as little as $10.00 .

Thanks for the posts.
Yes, I have tried installing newer versions of the drivers. By the way, my model is the DFI P4M266A-MLV (don't know if that helps anything). I will try to see if my BIOS recognizes it or not right now.
There is another thing that could be an issue: the connection to the front audio ports. Before I connected the front audio connectors to the motherboard, the "jacks" on the motherboard had 2 jumpers on them that I had to remove. Also, somehow, the connectors had 2 extra pins that weren't used (for ground). I hope I'm making sense. One last thing is that only half of the available front audio "jacks" on the motherboard were used.
I don't know if this could be the problem, because I read somewhere that these jumpers can cause problems.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom