$10,000 reward for RAM help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had $10,000, i would hope that you would have a better PC then a Dell.

Yes you can add (2) 512MB with (2) 256MB for a total of 1.5G

CT6464Z40B.8T & CT6464Z40B are exactly the same module no difference. Some sites just choose not to include the .8T while others include it.

No difference...

Please deposit my $10,000.00 as a donation to Tech-Forums.net which can be done here: http://www.tech-heaven.com/donations.php

i got some crucial ballistix ram, very good. 2-2-2-5 w00t w00t. and OCZ is somem very fast and reliable ram

HAVOC2k5,

Thanks for the correct answer but RR6 already beat you to it. I got on the phone and called Micron this afternoon. They verified your info about the model number. I wrote myself a check for $10,000. My wife said it already bounced and the bank is charging us $35 for an NFS! Last time I offer a reward!

I bought a Dell 18 months ago (my second Dell). I got the 4600 tower, Pentium 4, 2.8 w/HT, 800FSB, 512MB, 120GB SATA, dual tray burner, WinXP, etc. for just over $600, thought that was a great price. Went to my local Fry's and asked what a tower with the same exact specs and extras would run. They told me $1150.

I'm not into games (at least not on my computer) and this has been fine so far for my purposes (web, letters, photos). I plan to get into some video editing in the future and am thus upgrading some of the components. I ordered the RAM (512x2) late this morning from Chief Value for $96 shipped. They had already shipped it out this afternoon. Hope the RAM is that fast!

My new desk is sort of cramped for my Sony CRT monitor so I just ordered a 19" Dell Ultra Sharp LCD 1905FP for $276 (with help from TechBargains and Ebates). Try and match that price. My friend just ordered a Dell with a deal found on TB and got a Dell 9100, Pentium 4 (630), 3Ghz, 800FSB, 512MB, 160GB, with upgraded extras, Win XP and a 1905FP monitor for $978. Try and even come close to that price.

Obviously I'm not into state of the art computers, or even close to it. I save the money for my home theater systems (2), photo equipment and skis (and my wife's cooking stuff). I find what I consider super best buys on Dell and that seems to fit my requirements and save a lot of money for my other hobbies. I'll bore you with one more example. I just got my first laptop from Dell: 15" screen, Pentium 725, 1.6, 60GB, 768RAM, DVD-R/RW Dual Layer, 802.11a/b/g, etc. for about $675.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!

RR6

90 days for me. Dell has a "customize it system" when ordering, you build your own (even with these special deep discounts). They offer up to 4 years warranty on many systems or as little as 90 days, your choice, for a price. I never buy an extended warranty with any product, from any company. These are profit makers for the seller. Overall, it's much cheaper in the long run this way.

im looking for a laptop for college, and i want a warranty that covers throught the 4 years but the warranties are about 350-400 dollars, geez. i can buy a whole new desktop with that money

Dell, is good for people like you RR6. But, for someone like me or others in this forum, wel, we'd rather take a kick in the, "Well, read my sig".

Bye the way, what's the significance of your name RoadRunner6?

My father has a 1968 Plymouth RoadRunner with a 440. Nice car... fast as hell, he's won countless trophies in local car shows...

HAVOC2k5, Your HELL signature is great, LOL. Yeah, they had some damn big engines in those days, I'm an old fart, I know. Your dad's Plymouth probably got about 10 miles to the gallon!

RoadRunner6 was radio my call sign in Vietnam, 1969. I was with the 89th Military Police Group at Long Binh, about 20 miles from Saigon. It seemed to stick with me since then and brings back many emotions, some bad but mostly good.

Thanks for all the feedback to everyone on this forum. I plan to do some more upgrading on my present tower soon. I'm sure I will have some more questions.

RR6

Well, welcome to Tech-Forums.net (Vietnam Vet). I'm 30 years old so nam was a bit before my time.

Yeah, my father and I went to a ar show last saturday. He filled up the tank with 93 octane. It cost roughly $68.00. That will probably last him 3 or 4 trips. Classic MOPAR muscle cars guzzle like no other....

I bet that if I were to tell you back in 1969 during the vietnam war that one day you'd be chatting online about personal computers in 2005 you'd probably ask me, "What the hell are you smoking? And were can I get some?"

well, enjoy the forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom