Dead Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Bee

Beta member
Hi , i am hoping some one can help me here.I have a cicero p3 laptop with no power. the c.d. runs fine with a music c.d. but not with cdrom disk. no power to lcd and no responce from windows boot disk. I got this laptop at auction ,so i don't know much else about it. Could this be some sort of security power lock?

does it beep when you try and turn it on? if it does could you tell us in what order it beeps (ie 2 long, 1 short)
- beeping means the BIOS has detected an error and is a basic way of telling you what it is

No beeps.when I flip the switch to the right the cdrom goes on,to the left it says"AP", in that position it has no power.When the switch is on the cdrom position the power light is on.

Try plugging the laptop to a CRT. This can help determine if it is an LCD problem. There may be a button to press to get a menu that you need to boot from a boot disk. Laptops do not always boot directly from floppies.

plugged into a desktop monitor. still no picture.put in windows boot disk ,cdrom spins then stops , doesn't seem to be reading the disk at all.seems to be a power issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom