fx 57 or x2 4800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
i know the clock on the 55 is 200mhz higher, and the cache is the same as the dual core. I would think that you would get more for your money with the dual core 4800. but hmm dunno if im seeing the whole picture

Dual core. The difference in gaming is only noticeable in benchmarks, and you can do heavy multitasking with a dual core

and im sure one day the will start making games that can take advantage of the computing power

I bet a lot of money there will be a whole new socket and etc before athlon 64 XS 939 pin processors see that day.

i would go 55 cause its probably better for gaming but if u wanna burn dvd and play game then dual core but thats about all dual core is good for right now

by then, system memory will be built into the chips..... hopefully by then, they wont have hard drives anymore. They will just be small boxes of flash memory. in the space of a hard drive, right you you could prolly bit about 30 gigs worth of ram chips.... that would be so damn fast. You hit the power button and you would be at the desktop

Socket M and i would rather have the FX-55 because like they said before. The computing power wont be there before another socket comes out but your mising the whole picture. Just because there is a new socket coming out dosent mean that they cant use that computing power and programs w/ the 4800+. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom