BIOs question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I've read some reviews on newegg and people have said that the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D nF4 UT board is not for first time builders. that's the board i wanted to get for my first build. is this a bad choice? if it is than i need a board with PCI-E, socet 939, SATA ports, ect. THANKS!

It's the best board. Their is nothing hard to configure with it, unless you are overclocking.

oh ok cause they said that you had to flash the bios?? but i'll take your word on it chris :D i don't plan on OCing just yet. probably on my next build but i like the looks of this board and all of the features.

Flashing the BIOS is easy if you ever need to do it. All you have to do is extract it onto a bootable floppy, put the floppy as first boot, follow what the instructions that are on the site (need to type something in.) wait a while, and it will restart. Clear CMOS, and boot up. (When I needed to flash the BIOS, the PC did everything for me after the first step.)

It isn't a rediculously hard board to overclock on either. It just gives you loads of options to tweak your PC, to get the best overclock.

why would you need to flash the BIOs anyway and what does it do? when will you need to do this? haha on this build i'll have my A+ book right next to me :D

Flashing BIOS is really simple... just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.

And pray that the power doesn't flicker...

Heyyo,

Usually you don't need to flash the bios, especially for new boards. You only really do that if you're having big problems with your mobo, and a firmware update will fix it. So yeah, unless your mobo starts to do all kinds of messed up junk no need to flash. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom