window's oil life meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
i was sittin here thinkin about how slow my pc was booting up and just how fast it used to b with a fresh install. so my question is this, is there any sort of prog out there that would show u how much windows has left to give and when a format and reinstall would b most highly beneficial. u cant really use time as a reference because i could use my pc hours a day for a year and someone else could use theirs twice and it would still have been installed for the same amount of time. we all kno that windows degrades over time with general use so i want something that would keep track of everything for example, how many progs have been installed/uninstalled/reinstalled, how many restores have been done before and specific things like that and then also just like the raw computing work that has been done by windows and calculate it all out taking everything into consideration. like registry integrity and how garbaged up its gotten since the install. u kno make it kinda like the oil life meter in some of ur's cars. it starts at 100% when its just been changed and then lets u kno as the oil is gettin bad all the way down to 0% and it takes things into consideration like average rpm, load, time, distance traveled, fuel/air ratio conditions and such like that and then calculates it all out for u. so thats what i want, does anybody kno of such a thing or maybe some of u super smart ppl can write it. itll prolly never happen but wouldnt that b kinda of cool thing to have?

I dont think there is a program that does that but it could be useful. If your computer is getting slow, and clogged up with adware, spyware and virii, and is fragmented you should reformat.

there is no adware, spyware or virii on my pc, i also defragment regularly with either diskeeper or o&o.

I've been spoiled now that I have a good ghost image of my machine and doign it once a month...lol. Its not the hell it used to be (reformatting, reinstall all apps, data, drivers etc) with hours of worked involved. I am back up and running in about 5 minutes to a clean desktop with everything ready to rock :) otherwise I would only do it about every 6 months.

i dont understand all this formatting etc lark..

Just regularly clean out shite you dont need, look after you registry and defrag and your system will not slow down.

Imagine having to rebuild a server every 6 months.. haha.. should learn to look after your computers before pretending to be techies

Skuzzle said:
i dont understand all this formatting etc

You might want to take a remedial computer course to learn how to do these types of things.

I know it's probably hard to find time with still being in 6th grade and all, but maybe you could take a course at the YMCA.

Hey bass, why insult the guy, he is right. How often do you see corporate servers rebuilt. We rarely rebuild ours. My home pc, hasnt slowed in over a year, grant it, it is a bad machine, but I do often clean the junk out of it, defrag my drives, and I have no speed issues. In fact I have not had any problems with any of the computers I have ever had. I have never reloaded any of them.

pinkfloyd2005 said:
Hey bass, why insult the guy, he is right. How often do you see corporate servers rebuilt. We rarely rebuild ours. My home pc, hasnt slowed in over a year, grant it, it is a bad machine, but I do often clean the junk out of it, defrag my drives, and I have no speed issues. In fact I have not had any problems with any of the computers I have ever had. I have never reloaded any of them.

I don't know what your talking about. He said he didn't understand how to format so I just offered a suggestion.

Servers and workstations/PC's are totally different.

BASSMASTER said:
You might want to take a remedial computer course to learn how to do these types of things.

I know it's probably hard to find time with still being in 6th grade and all, but maybe you could take a course at the YMCA.

i didnt say i dont know how to format as that is what i tend to do day in day out at work when its quicker and cheaper on a customers behalf that trying to sort out the mess they have got themselves in.

Server or home pc.. there is no need to format you computer once every 7 days or whatever you do. If looked after a format should not be needed ever unless you decide to upgrade your operating system... or downgrade or change os.

All operating systems, especially windows, have simple methods of keeping it as fresh as the day you installed it.. Learn these simple tasks and you dont need to format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom