need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scr1be

Beta member
I have a problem that I cannot solve.

For some reason, whenever I open up IE, it automatically goes to a website called "http://smartsearch.ws"

I ran ad-aware, but I don't think it found it. I would change the start page to somethign else, but after clicking on IE again, it defaults back to that site.

Lately whenever I try running ad-aware, it shuts off automatically, it won't let hte program run through.

Sometimes when i go to websites the browser automatically closes too. not sure if the closing apps and the smartsearch thing is related.

I really have no idea what to do now. i can't get rid of it! help! i'll be back on the forums tonight at 9 pm-ish. hope some of you can help me.

Use Spybot S&D.

I can't remember right off hand, but I think SmartSearch is associated with Spyware that is kept in the %systemroot%\Program Files\BTEIN folder, you can't delete it just by pressing delete. I think that there is a uninstaller for it, the hard part will be finding it.

Spybot should be able to remove it. Download it and have it check for updates right away and that should take care of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom