Firefox Runs Slower Than IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerberus98

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, i just thought I'd try Firefox as my browser and I've noticed that it seems to download everything slower than when i do it in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know why this is. It doesnt matter if im downloading a page or a file it seems to take about twice as long as in IE. Please somebody help

Thanks

Reinstall it, thats all I can think of. also you prolly have alot of spyware cause of IE anyways, so dl some spyware programs like adware SE personnel and spybot and run them ur computer will be happy.

Thanks for the fast reply. Ive tried reinstalling and that does nothing. And i dont have any spyware (complete reinstall last night) or at least none that im aware of. I have scaned with Adaware, Microsoft ANti Spyware and spyware doctor and also doen a virus scan and i cant think off what else i can do becuase i realy want to get of internet explorer but if FIrefox is going to be slower i guess ill have to stay

As much as I like Firefox and Opera, a lot of time I find myself going back to IE. IE is the only browser that will run Launchcast first of all. And I find the same thing, IE seems to go faster and smoother than other browers.

One thing to note is that IE will load faster because the bulk of it's dependancies are loaded at startup as part of the operating system.

Also note that IE has Active X controls which is the bulk of spyware\virus problems found on certain sites. Firefox doesnt use Active X that is why it is tougher to get spyware with Firefox.

I tried FireFox and liked it for the most part, but found many pages online didn't display the way they should (and did using IE). After a little research, it turns out the the script and coding rules for viewing pages thru IE are very dynamic whereas FireFox has set rules for the viewing scripts and the way the code of the particular site is written and when it doesn't match up, the display and layout is thrown off in FireFox.

Obviously the more popular that FireFox and other 3rd party browsers become, the more online websites will need to conform their scripts for proper display so perhaps I'll get FireFox again down the road but for now I'm sticking with MyIE2 here which uses the tab feature that everyone loves about FireFox.

Speed seems to be comparable to FireFox too from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom