defjux

Beta member
Hi all, I recently built a new computer with the following components:

Case COOLERMASTER TAC-T01 WAVE MASTER
Processor INTEL PENTIUM 4 520 2.8GHZ
Motherboard INTEL BOXD915GAVL MOTHERBOARD
Memory CORSAIR VALUE SELECT DUAL CHANNEL 1024MB
IDE Hard Drives MAXTOR 120GB HARD DRIVE 7200RPM 8MB 9.3MS ATA133 OEM QUIET
Power Supply ENERMAX NOISETAKER EG375P-VE-SFMA 375W DUAL FAN W/ MANUAL FAN CONTROL

etc etc...

I am not extremely familiar with hardware related issues and was hoping to get some input on a problem I've encountered.. With my current setup (is there any important info i've left out to diagnose my problem?) the computer generates a ridiculous amount of noise! All the reviews I'd read on the hardware I used were pretty clear that the case and power supply were quite noise friendly, but that is far from the truth in my case. Any ideas what is causing my machine to sound as loud as an engine as opposed to the quiet humming sound that other PC's generally make?

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated, thank you!
Jordan

Er...can't you just open up your case and listen?

The only moving parts in a computer are your system fans and disk drives. Fans are generally noisy if they are either dirty, or if they are...spinning fast...which is a good thing I suppose.

Vibration control may be something you may want to look into, putting rubber washers between your case and moving parts to stiffle vibration

gaara thanks for the reply! I will open the case up and listen for the noise..if it turns out to be the fan, replacing it would be another option i guess...hopefully its just that and not the disc drive. The loud noise is driving me crazy, it drowns out music and everything... thanks for your help :)

What kinda noise is it? Is it like a really fast moving wind kinda noise? Or vibration sounding noises? Or its possible the CD drives are making a high pitched noise that some people can hear and some cant?

i had the same problem but only wen i turned my pc on. it turned out just to be the fan on the graphics card, i cleaned it and now i got just about no noise ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom