AGP 3.0 "cali" cycle & DBI for AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverstone

Baseband Member
I have read somewhere that Enabling AGP 3.0 Calibration cycle AND enabling DBI output for AGP trans in my bios will make my pc run smoother? but what exactly do those two things do/mean? thanks.

Who knows?

But since they sound like trade names for some function or other why not tell us exactly what Mobo you have and then I could make an educated guess on what they do. (After some mooching about on the manufactures homepage)

I've had a mooch around the Asus website and they don't mention those things.

Though the mobo manual was in a very funny format, *.ami, ever heard of that one?

Anyway why not try enabling them and see what happens?

ok, thanks for your mooching, i have enabled them and does seem better as i was having trouble sometimes in games getting booted to desktop but now seems ok? early days though, just thought that enabling them would cause some sort of loss to something else, oh well, i'll see how it goes, oh and i had recently flashed bios to latest 1014 don't know if options were there before but certainly are now, thanks again.

and your correct the mobo manual is very vauge, i guess alot are.

Usually they are really good actually and if not you can also try to contact the people who make your board and ask if they have got better documentation. I tried it once with a Gigabyte board and they were really helpful and turfed over loads of documents.

jono199 said:
I've had a mooch around the Asus website and they don't mention those things.

Though the mobo manual was in a very funny format, *.ami, ever heard of that one?

Anyway why not try enabling them and see what happens?

I think the .ami are the BIOS files.

Stands for American Megatrends Internaional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom