AMD X to tha 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprooty said:
I dont get it?
in gaming, the 3700+ will win by a little bit.
in multimedia and any other dual core app, the X2 3800+ will win by a lot.

when games do take advantage of dual cores, yes the 3800+ will definately win. probabbly by a lot.

Do you think they will though? I mean look at it this way, they've had dual processor systems forever. A dual core is essentially a dual processors just stacked. We might see new programs witten for dual cores soon, more due to the fact that Intel is putting them out too.

high end adobe programs have support for dual cores and dual processors.

Also, it depends how popular dual cores get. If heaps of people go and buy dual cores, many companies will change thier software to take advantage of it.

RainDownMyBlues said:
Do you think they will though? I mean look at it this way, they've had dual processor systems forever. A dual core is essentially a dual processors just stacked. We might see new programs witten for dual cores soon, more due to the fact that Intel is putting them out too.
Dual cores and dual processors are very different though in terms of how they are marketed. Dual processors were never marketed to home users. Dual core processors definately are, and will end up being the norm in a few years. I would think most software makers recognize this and we will see a lot of programs coming out in the very near future written for dual core.

yes, well Apple's CPU's are extremely powerful. but unfortunately, they are going to use Intel's in their next computer. (I was like NOOOOOOOOOO!)
Just wait for Conroe and Meron, then you will know why they did it....

what i read

from what i saw and read it looks like the 4400 with the 1mb l2 cache performs at least equally if not better than the fx55 in all the tests i saw on toms hardware and anontech

Counter-Strike said:
For gaming, yes the X2 isn't really optimized for that, it is really for video editing and such. Yes it does do awesome in gaming, but you would have better luck with a 3500+ or something.

LOL - The 3500+ can't sniff the X2 4800+ in gaming... THe X2 4800+ is basically (2) 64 4000+ on one die.

It's not the X2's that aren't optimized for gaming, it's the "GAMES" that aren't optimized for the X2's. But, that is all going to change very soon.
I believe UNREAL 2007 will be the first game to support Dual Cores. Plus, look at the benchmarks of the X2 4800+ vs. the FX55 or FX57. It's just a few FPS below both. This is only because of the optimization theory. The fact of it all is the X2 4800+ will kick the butt of any Intel P4 including the Extreme Editions in any and all multimedia task. And the fact that it's right up there with the best gaming CPU's on the market makes it more attractive to me then any other CPU out there.

I personally would buy the X2 4800+ and wait until mid to late october when the ATI R520 XT's come out... Start off with one then buy another and set them up in crossfire. Seems like these machines will blow anything away in all aspects of PC usage.

Also: I've seen articles talking about an X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz on a new M2 Socket & X2 5200+ 2.8Ghz also on the new M2 Socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom