Is this good for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBO

Solid State Member
Well tommorow I'm thinking about going to my local Ciruit City, and just buying this. Mainley because I don't want to have to wait like 2-3 weeks from someone online. (which is kind of shady buisness too) And with circuit city if I have problems with P.C., I'll just be able to drive on over and talk to them directley.

But my question is: "Is this a good deal?"

What I plan on playing on the P.C. is the following:
Wolrd of Warcraft.
Battlefield 2
Halflife 2
And I do have a good video card that can run these games allready, that I'll transfer over to the new P.C. (Geforce 4400)

Well, it has that funky OEM 3300+ which is socket 754, which is old, and only has 256 L2 cache, which sucks.

I am just sure that mobo is a POS as well with no PCI-e, no dual channel, etc.

And that Geforce 4400 with have a VERY hard time those games, it is not a good card.

You could do much better building your own.

It's cheap, but it ain't worth it.

I can understand not wanting to wait on a system, but going out and buying something won't help you.

If you don't want to build your own, check with a local computer shop to see if they can build you a decent setup. If they can't, then order a system that you can choose the components of (not a Dell, HP, Gateway, or such pre-fab). Try Monarch, CyberPower, Ibuypower, and many others.

You will not have fun playing HL2 and BF2 with that video card....itll be tough spending only that amount on a gaming system, that will play those games. Maybe you could start with some good basics (mboard processor) and then upgrade as u get more money. If you wont buy online, go to a local computer shop for a much better setup.

Well the thing is I can play World of Warcraft allready on my AMD Athalon 820mhz, 220mmb SDRAM. And it runs WoW just fine with the card I got. So like you guys really dont think a 2.4 GHZ and a GIG OF DDR ram will help?

Well that computer will have a hard time with BF2, no dual channel memory, and a glorified sempron as a CPU.

The video card, may not even run BF2 that you have.

Local PC shops should make a good PC for a good price, it's even better if you have an OS and Monitor already.

You would be able to play WoW with that set up, but like others have said, the other games will choke and die.....

Invest a bit more for emachines t6522 or HP a1130n for socket 939 3500+ and upgrade the psu and get a pci-express card.

Roger

well check it. I bought the comp. it runs games JUST FINE! no chop, just FINE!@

does it run bf2 on all high settings no
does it run bf2 on all med settings no
does it run bf2 on all low settings maybe
can you even play with the below 10fps maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom