mobo ram uncompatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StyleZz

Baseband Member
is there any way to know if i could find out if the ram is compatible with my mobo? also if i can find out my FSB straight from my computer

whats your mobo and ram? You can see what your fsb is in the bios. if you have an amd systme remember your fsb is duel pumped so a 166fsb in bios would actually mean 333fsb and intel's are quad pumped you get the picture

my mobo is a pvmm4 (not to sure if thats the real name but thats all it says) but i know it can run p4 478pin up to 400 fbs
but my processor is only a intel celeron 1.7 also there is other problems with my PC ill say them later

well hmm the only thing it says on the motherboard is
"PVMM4" ive seen my motherboard many times trying to adjust the jumpers the fit the ram. im pretty sure the ram is only a 266mhz and im not to sure how to find out if its compatible or not.
but even though i do have 2 DIMMs and 2 DDR slots and as for the PC its made by A-power.com so i dont know they changed the model for it now(mine is shitty). oh yea as for the sticker on the motherboard i cant find any

hmm the reason there is no motherboard from the name pvmm2 was because it was "p4vmm2" thats why....and thats all it says for its name ill have up a picture of the motherboard specs later

The links at the bottom of the screenshot is to the vendor. But the link provided should be your board.
The "motherboard chipset" shows what revission you have.

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxmd_v2.html

Try checking the user manual for memory compatibility. All my boards I've had show a list of memory that they have tested.
If they don't have the info in the manual try ECS tech support. Memory compatibility is specific per vendor.

hmmm it supposed to, but it doesnt run properly when i stick in the DDr266 it starts causing problems like shut downs, program errors (most of the games i play, it will say an error) and then i put the SD ram and it works fine

The memory might be faulty .. or ..check if there are any setting for Ram timings in the bios .. if an Auto option exists ..try setting it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom