Microsoft is rediculous!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Great...I shell out $150 for OEM XP Pro......my first install winds up with some significant driver errors and I do a refresh install. Mind you, I have installed it only once!!! Online registration......says I have used my key for the maximum number of installs so I then have to call support and go through the rediculous over the phone unlock proceedure. And Micorsoft wonders why so many people use key code hacks??? Rediculous...It's my friggen software you morons!!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
Great...I shell out $150 for OEM XP Pro......my first install winds up with some significant driver errors and I do a refresh install. Mind you, I have installed it only once!!! Online registration......says I have used my key for the maximum number of installs so I then have to call support and go through the rediculous over the phone unlock proceedure. And Micorsoft wonders why so many people use key code hacks??? Rediculous...It's my friggen software you morons!!!!
Dude, get a grip. YOU BOUGHT AN OEM LICENSE!!! Most of them are only good for one or two installs. That's why they're OEM. You should have read the details about the license type before you bought. Not all OEM licenses are the same.

And to be honest, the phone activation takes 5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES.

If you don't have 5 minutes to activate the OS license (an OEM license at that)...you should put it back in the box and return it. It'd be a wonder how you get anywhere in the computer world without having the patience for routine and trivial things.

And quite frankly...you bought an OEM license and saved a wad of money. A free and short phone call is nothing to blow up about...and if you really want to blame someone, blame the pirates that have caused this verification process to come into play.

BTW $150 for an OEM of XP -Pro is a rip.

Um, no offense Rico but I'd have to agree with Shoobie here. It takes drastic measures sometimes to protect intellectual properties. I agree, it is a pain however I would be hesitant to point the finger at one source. Also... um, Vietnam? How? You were born in '69......

1969? Huh? Born in 1945.....where did you come up with that date? I'm very "sensitive" about ownership issues..........very conservative about personal liberty. Don't fret...I got shot at so we can disagree........it is worth ducking bullets for liberty! Peace!

agreed, ex military myself. I got the info on the profile. Check your profile ;) Your user name looked familiar so clicked the profile. You weren't who I thought. Anyhow, yeah loved being military myself. Just wished I'd stayed in longer.

When I got back....my "Fellow Americans" spit on me in SF and called me a "baby killer". Guess I stirred up a hornets nest here (mostly for me!!!! :) Most of the vets from my era have some definite issues with the conventional wisdom that "the State" or the "Corporations" have a need for a higher ground over "personal" ownership.....I fully realize that I'm pretty radical in that area..........still can't sit in a resturant with my back facing the door!!! :) A moral conservative and a social radical!! So that's where my "thin skin" and lack of patience have their roots!!! Get a bunch of us in one room together and it's scary!!!! :) Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom