Bottleneck Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Well if they do not do some SERIOUS optimization I won't be bothering to look into playing the game for like a year.

And yeah 160 fps average in HL2 vid stress test is good. I really shouldn't complain, but I feel for the hundreds of dollars put in it should be 60+ at all times.

I give up. Staying top-of-the-line with PC hardware = waste of money and stressful.

But I am considering trading in some components to get dual channel. ANyone know if that is worth it? I am really curious....

HAVOC2k5 said:
CHRIS - Why exactly would a 6800GT do far better in FEAR than an X850XT? Please explain this to me. And please don't pull the PS2 vs. PS3 rabbit out of your hat on this one.

"Far Better" is what I want explained.

Because their's quite a few people with ATI cards experincing bugs.

Also, in the benchmarks it's shown that Nvidia is doing better in FEAR

oh... ok. But CHRIS if you do a quick google you'll find that many nvidia card owners are experiencing bugs also. Not just ATI owners.

Also, the benchmarks show the 6800GT to be 1-2 FPS better then the X800 series in some tests and equal in others. Don't forget this is a DEMO and your original comment was: "Far Better" - "Far Better would be 10 FPS more then."

JMO...

Havoc that's also a Platinum Edition card, look at how much you payed for that.

Compare it to the GT, who does better. That's the issue.

And it's not just in the F.E.A.R. Game/Demo, other games show it too. Because the 6800GT keeps up in ATI games like HL2 fine, but when the situation is turned, the ATI's suck it up on nVidia games.

So in conclusion my memory needs to be 2-2-2-5 400MHz DDR over 3-3-3-8 400 MHz DDR, or is there more to memory?

Also, since 7800 GT is out a BFG 6800 GT goes for like $240 and I could still sell my X850 XT for $300+ on eBay. Might do that if nVidia is pulling ahead of the gfx war.

So in conclusion my memory needs to be 2-2-2-5 400MHz DDR over 3-3-3-8 400 MHz DDR, or is there more to memory?

Also, since 7800 GT is out a BFG 6800 GT goes for like $240 and I could still sell my X850 XT for $300+ on eBay. Might do that if nVidia is pulling ahead of the gfx war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom