windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinez

Beta member
i am thinking of purchasing windows xp for my laptop but can i use the same package to put onto my pc as well or do i need to purchase a second windows xp package(not sure if you can use the same package with the same serial number or not thanks

I have no experience with laptops but, If u buy XP i think you should just be able to reformat and reinstall. Serial numbers and packages, i got no idea what your trying to say.

Yes you actualy can, sure its illegal but the turth is you can, just install it call MS, say you reformated and reinstalled need new activation key, and yes it is only on 1 computer.

Ive done it before.
sorry didn't really read first post.

Ste said:
Yes you actualy can, sure its illegal but the turth is you can, just install it call MS, say you reformated and reinstalled need new activation key, and yes it is only on 1 computer.

Ive done it before.
sorry didn't really read first post.

This website is not the place for that. So the answer here is no, you cannot .

I don't lie to people, sorry, its not a good, bad thing kinda thing with me, If i get banned I get banned, But I won't lie.

Im sure you wouldn't want to be lied to would ya?

Ste said:
I don't lie to people, sorry, its not a good, bad thing kinda thing with me, If i get banned I get banned, But I won't lie.

Im sure you wouldn't want to be lied to would ya?

That's like someone asking:

"Can I have a car without paying for it"

and your answer being (because you don't lie)

"Sure, just find one you want, break the windshield, hotwire it and off you go"

Read my thread "Microsoft is redicuous".........Dang! You have to jump through a bunch of rediculous hoops just to use your own software on 1 machine!!! As far as I'm concerned, they promote hacking because of their assinine key code policies for legitimate users like me! Micorsoft, get your head out of your......!!!!!! I have bought a number of programs that never make me go through what these people do just to use my own product. All these other software manufacturers are thriving.......it is a classic example of greed and monopoly.....horrible!

just to clear the water...

Can I make a second copy of my Windows operating system software for my portable computer?

The End-User License Agreement (EULA) for many Microsoft application software products contains the following sentence: "The primary user of the computer on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer." If your EULA contains this sentence, then, subject to the conditions mentioned, you may make a second copy of the software. Note that you must be the primary user of the computer on which the software is installed. The primary user is the individual who uses the computer most of the time it is in use. Only that individual is entitled to use the second copy. Furthermore, the software must be installed on the local hard disk of your computer; you are not entitled to make and use a second copy on your portable computer if you run the primary copy of the software from a network server. Finally, only one secondary copy may be made; you may install this copy on more than one portable computer.

Please note that many Microsoft products are copy protected and it will not be technically possible to make a second copy of the disk. If you are a Licensee of software that includes copy protection technology, please call the Product Support Services number provided for that specific product to learn whether or not unencrypted disks can be obtained.

Questions and answers about the End User License Agreement

See this link...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../xp/all/proddocs/en-us/lic_what_eula_say.mspx

Have a good day

Inaris said:
just to clear the water...

Can I make a second copy of my Windows operating system software for my portable computer?

The End-User License Agreement (EULA) for many Microsoft application software products contains the following sentence: "The primary user of the computer on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer." If your EULA contains this sentence, then, subject to the conditions mentioned, you may make a second copy of the software. Note that you must be the primary user of the computer on which the software is installed. The primary user is the individual who uses the computer most of the time it is in use. Only that individual is entitled to use the second copy. Furthermore, the software must be installed on the local hard disk of your computer; you are not entitled to make and use a second copy on your portable computer if you run the primary copy of the software from a network server. Finally, only one secondary copy may be made; you may install this copy on more than one portable computer.

Please note that many Microsoft products are copy protected and it will not be technically possible to make a second copy of the disk. If you are a Licensee of software that includes copy protection technology, please call the Product Support Services number provided for that specific product to learn whether or not unencrypted disks can be obtained.

Questions and answers about the End User License Agreement

See this link...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../xp/all/proddocs/en-us/lic_what_eula_say.mspx

Have a good day

I have been telling people this left and right here, but nobody would believe me. with each xp disc, you are allow a copy on a PC and you can have a backup on the laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom