ARES P2P Program Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
I currently use Ares. I have specific files which I don't like to share. Yet the program shares them anyway. For example: Lets say I have a few files that I do not want to share. I find the file using Ares and I select "Unshare". Yet, the next day when I start Ares, it automatically starts hashing files and selects random files to share. Why does this happen?

Also, whenever I download an MP3 or something similar, it also downloads the album/track art. It's very annoying because if I download 10 mp3's that means there will be 10 jpgs for me to delete since it's album art. It's only recently started to do this and it's very annoying. Help.

ive neverused ares, I like limewire its very easy to use, if you do not want a file or folder shared take it out of the shared folder, I don't leave anything in my shared folder it would take all my bandwitdh, Im a downloader not an uploader.

It'd be too much of a hassle to take out certain files and place them in other folders. Most files I have are all similar. Any other opinions/solutions?

i had problems with ares before i ended up having to uninstall it and then reinstall it, possibly just check for an update

You dont seem to understand. All the files are practically the same. I need them at that folder, lets leave it at that. I need them in the folder. Besides, I want to know if theres something wrong with my PC or Ares since this shouldnt be happening...

those album art jpegs come from media player updating the info i believe, at least thats how it is on mine. i used ares and never dloaded any of those. as for sharing i never tried to unshare anything and the stuff i didnt want to got moved like everyone else said so no help there.

Well how do I stop Windows Media Player from doing that? Also, I doubt that sharing problem is normal. If I specify NOT to share and I restart the program and starts sharing random files.. it gets annoying. Please help..

i didnt say it was normal i just said i never tried it so i cant say for sure what to do. from what u describe it doesnt sound normal at all, ares should retain a list of what to share and what not share in some sense and it doesnt sound like it is too well. i just dunno. as for wmp go to tools then options then uncheck everything in the privacy tab(basically things that have to do with automatically retrieving media info from the net) and make sure to disable auto obtain licenses. i nearly got a virus because wmp dloaded a license for a wmv file and it was a virus. crafty ppl engineering ways to deliver viruses lemme tell ya. i have wmp9 so it may b slightly different on 10.

Ok, did what you said about retrieving song info and whatnot. Unchecked everything in the Privacy tag. Now, that should stop Ares from automatically downloading Album Art right?

If anyone knows about this sharing problem.. please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom