Issues with my Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desidus

Solid State Member
Couple Questions:

One, how do you know what temperatures your computer should be running at? (I have EVEREST to check the temps)

This is what my computer temperature shows as:

Motherboard Temp: 32 C (90 F)
CPU Temp: 65 C (149 F)
Aux Temp: 23 C (73 F)
Hard Drive: 33 C (91 F)

Second, Im guessing that the Voltage numbers are supposed to match up, which they arent.

This is what my comp shows

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.77 V
+2.5 0.24 V (no thats not a typo)
+3.3 3.31 V
+5 4.83 V
+12 11.93 V

What is the problem, and how do I fix it?

(BTW my computer keeps shutting down in the middle of games)

reasons why cpu is too hot:
1)no case fan
2)crappy heatsink fan
3)too much thermal paste on it

1= go to newegg.com or svc.com and get yourself a case fan. ten-fifteen bucks maybe... ( and im guessing a 80 mm.. idk.. look at the back of your comp and there should be a place for a fan

2= get someone too tell you what kind of heatsink fan would fit on your cpu and go to newegg.com or svc.com

3= since your sig say's ur a noob.. i wouldnt do this one by your self

Ok, I opened up the case and that dropped the temperature 7 C (so now its 58 C) and its fairly cold in this room right now.

Im wondering if a case fan would drop it enough to get into a safe range or is there something else going to be wrong with it?

thanks for the previous help

Nuke, *shrugs* Maybe its resilient.. lol. Not really sure. But I have used both Speedfan and Everest to check the temp and they both read the same.

It seems to run fine at that temp till I play games like World of Warcraft or Guildwars, then it just shutsdown.

Static 1) Will that drop the temp down by about 20 C?
2) My current heatsink fan is running at about 5760 RPMs, from what I read, thats pretty good and fast (or is that too fast?)
3) how do I tell if there is too much thermal paste?

first off, what kind of processor is it? 65C is WAY too hot. and the reason your computer randomly shuts off when you are playing games is because it overheats the processor even more. whenever you are doing something that uses that many resources, it works the CPU more...the computer must have a failsafe to make sure you dont fry anything...but realistically, you are really damn lucky you havent friend anything yet.

I have an AMD64 Athlon 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz and idle, it runs at a max of 43C. the highest it's been is 53C...that's when i was rendering a massive 3d render for 5 days.

post your specs for this machine to give us a better idea of what you are running.

Operating System: Windows XP Home service pack 2
DirectX: 9.0c
CPU: AMD Athlon, 1000Mhz (10x100)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-72M(P) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR. 3 DIMM, audio)
Motherboard Chipset: VIA VT8363 Apollo KT133
System Memory: 1024 MB (SDRAM)

Video Adapter: Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 (128MB)
Audio Adapter: VIA AC'97 Audio Controller [H]

Hikari, just lucky I guess. LOL *shrugs*

hopefully my luck will last until I can get this figured out.. I think I will stop playing WoW and Guildwars for a bit however. Just use my friends until I can fix this. *sigh*

Computers.. cant live with em, cant live without em. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom