Computer wont start because of hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefyboi

Solid State Member
hello, i removed my 120 gig harddrived out of my computer to go to my friends place to tranfer a huge file onto his computer. As i got there put the harddrve correctly in his computer but computer wouldnt start when trying to turn it on. So i removed the hdd and the comp worked. when i got home i put the hdd back on my computer and found the same problem.

if any one can help me find a resulution on my problem, plz email me or reply back on this topic, thank you :( :( :( :( :(

When you put the harddrive into his computer did you change the jumper settings form 'Master' to 'Slave?'

to put slave it says not to put no jumper at all, so i didnt do anything but cpnnect it inside his comp

yes, before all this i was using this hdd as slave, so all together i was usinng no jumper

Okay, good.

Thats weird that it doesn't work anymore, only thing I can think of at the moment is that a pin got bent during the move. Probably won't be the problem, but worth checking anyway.

No, you dont need to get it repaired, just look to see if there is a pin bent anywhere on one of the connectors. But I guess it's not a pin, ^^^ Do you have the link, Bassmaster?

How far along do the computers make it? Are they freezing at POST? Do the computers even power on? Please give some more specific information. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom