processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unanimous

Solid State Member
im planning to buy a new processor,, is CELERON D 2.4 Ghz ok for gaming??? i would like to get a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz but i am out of budget. by the way i have a intel motherboard 478 socket.

a celeron D is ok, not the best. But it will just get you by. Also you better have a semi decent video card.

Also make sure your mobo is Prescott ready..

ok, so what do you mean semi decent video card?? i have a video card that is ATI Radeon 9000 64 MB, is it ok? yes my motherboard supports prescott

well that video card will not play any new games at an acceptable quality. Maybe at 640x480 at low settings. Games depend more on how powerful your video card is, rather than your CPU.

You might be able to play some older games at around 1024x768 at a decent quality. But anyways what games do you want to play?

well what kind of CPU do you have now?

i have a redfox motherboard 533 FSB and supports prescott processors which is up to 3.0 Ghz pentiums and Celeron 2.4... so do i get a good performance if i would have a 128 mb ATI video card?

the amount of video memory does not really relate to how good it will perform on games. It really comes down to what the clock speed of the core and memory is, and how many pipelines it has (on the video card)

ok, i got you,, would you approve to the others saying that intel pentium 4 processors are the best when it comes to gaming???

the pentium 4 is the best thing you can get for gaming if you want an intel.

But AMD Athlon 64's perform better at games, but it is not a big difference, but still they perform better.

but other than that, yes the pentium 4 is the best Intel CPU you can get for gaming now.

alright, now here is the specs of my PC
redfox motherboard 533FSB
512 mb PC333 DDR memory
64 mb ATI Radeon 9000 video card
2.4 Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz processor (supposing)
80 GB SATA HDD 7200 rpm

how would you rate it???

You will get very low performance out of games, my systems get low performances on games too!

well here is my system, it gets crappy performance, all because of the video card.

P4 2.8ghz 800mhz bus 1mb l2 cache LGA775
1024mb PC-3200 Dual Channel
GIGABYTE 8IPE775-G "Inte 865PE"
128mb Radeon 9600 PRO
40GB 7,200 RPM 8mb Cache HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom