Can't delete this folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
simply go to regedit
goto softwares remove all that from ipod
and u can remove that folder before that try to shut all processes running for i pod and see if folder is getting deleted or not

BASSMASTER: I ran chkdsk, still can't delete it.

Warez Monster: That program didn't do anything :(

aniket: I deleted the iPod folder from localmachine\software\apple computers, but I still couldn't delete the folder.

Thanks for you help guys, but I still can't get rid of this folder!

Xx Da Twig xX said:
BASSMASTER: I ran chkdsk, still can't delete it.

Warez Monster: That program didn't do anything :(

aniket: I deleted the iPod folder from localmachine\software\apple computers, but I still couldn't delete the folder.

Thanks for you help guys, but I still can't get rid of this folder!

give this software a shot :)

killbox

Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders

Checkpoints/workarounds: Test the Delete after each suggestion.

1. Go to Start/Run/CMD and type in: RD /S [drive:] path
2. Open Notepad and save the (blank) file with the name of the undeletable file. Under save as, navigate to the file, delete.
3. Move the file into a new directory and then delete the directory.

4. Close all open apps. Open a command prompt (Start/Run/CMD) and navigate to the directory with the offending file(s). Then open the Task Manager and click on the Processes tab, select "explorer.exe" under Image Name. Click "End Process".

In the opened Command Prompt, DEL the offending files (DEL *.mpg, DEL mus*.avi, DEL test.wmv, etc.) Once done, go back to the task manager and click on the Applications tab. Click the "New Task..." button. in the dialog, type explorer.exe and click OK.

Note: Could also opt for: ATTRIB -H -R -S filename before the DEL.

5. Or you can use Process Explorer: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml. Use the search function to find every handle that Explorer.Exe has open and close them (right-click on the file and choose 'close handle'). Then delete the file(s) in question.

NTFS: "Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;298345

still-cant-delete.jpg

I don't get your instructions Warez Monster :( sorry, they'r too complicated

This may sound stupid, but right click on the folder, and Select Cut, and then paste it into your recycle bin.

Hey bud, dont insult me. That exact simple fix worked with a file that I was not able to delete on one of our user's laptops. I was not able to delete through DOS, by closing down explorer, or anything. Are you able to rename the folder through DOS? When you go to the properties on the file, what is shown? Also, Im not sure if you already tried this, but log in as Administrator rather than Roy, and browse to the directory where the folder is. Let me know.

What program do you use to play that file or your music? Try reinstalling the music player you have. Did you check msconfig and click disable everything, then delete it on next boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom