Will my PC work with this much RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. It has a Pentium 4 processor at 2.80 GHz. It currently has 512 MB of RAM and I want to upgrade it to 1GB. Will I have any problems with putting that much RAM in my PC? Thanks in advance.

It should be allright, unless for some reason your laptop doesn't support 1 gb of RAM (it should). I know some laptops (maybe just older ones, i don't keep up to date on laptops) only support up to a gig.

Be careful though. Look at the setup your manufacturer put the sticks in. If there are two, then you might need to get that 1GB as 2 512 sticks.

LOL - I'm 100% sure that it will have 256x2 SIMM MODULES. Dell always does that. If your motherboard only have (2) slots, they'll use (2) modules instead of one, making upgrading a pain. You wanna upgrade? Well, guess what.. the modules you bought from us can't be used.... hahahahahahah

HAVOC2k5 said:
LOL - I'm 100% sure that it will have 256x2 SIMM MODULES. Dell always does that. If your motherboard only have (2) slots, they'll use (2) modules instead of one, making upgrading a pain. You wanna upgrade? Well, guess what.. the modules you bought from us can't be used.... hahahahahahah

So true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom