6600GT Gaming Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll only help if he gets blue screen errors.

If it's freezing or just straight up rebooting theres no point in that option.

Now wait just one second Nubius.
I was getting restarts like that, and when I unchecked the restart option, it started showing me the blue screen error in place of the restart.

Nubius said:
If you see your +12v rail hitting down at like 11.6v or lower just from running prime95, then you can pretty much assume during heavy gaming when RAM, CPU, and the video card are pulling lots of juice that it's going below that 11.6 and causing the reboots.

I think this is the problem here. The PSU sucks and under heavy load regardless of the wattage of the PSU, the +12v Rail is probably sagging to a large degree. Once the voltage drops too much, the system freezes or restarts.

19a & 400watts should be fine for that PC. But with an unstable +12v RAIL... This problem is normal.

I was getting restarts like that, and when I unchecked the restart option, it started showing me the blue screen error in place of the restart
I've never once come across that problem...in all cases I've had it shows the blue screen error but quickly restarts right after it's shown, then the necessity of unchecking that 'auto restart' comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom