Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
Ok, well my friend has an old Dell Dimension 4400 here are the specs:

250W PSU
1.6 Ghz P4 400Mhz FSB 256K L2 Cache
768MB PC2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9550

Now he hates building computers, he either wants to get a whole new one or upgrade the parts to this:

2.4 Ghz P4 400Mhz FSB 512K L2 Cache
1GB PC2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB 4x/8x AGP

Should he buy one from Dell or would it be cheaper to just upgrade the parts?

If he has the money to buy a a dell then he has the money to build one. As you can build it forr him unless your not that good of a friend to help him out i dont know.

dont buy from dell, build one yourself or buy a custon (whitebox) from a 'round the corner PC store and tell them what components you want (ask for help on TF) and get them to build it.

no way to DELL,, its better for him to upgrade,, lols most DELLS have built in pc parts... you might not able to upgrade some parts afterwards.

As far as I can see upgrading that system is just putting off the certainty that you have to buy/build a new machine in the very near future.

I would chose the latter option and build

^^ you spelled Nvidia wrong in your sig.
personally I tink it's definately worth it to upgrade sometimes. for example I have an Athlon XP 2800+ and a Geforce FX-5200. while the XP 2800+ will suffice for 99% of things (even though it's not the fastest) the video card will not run a lot of the newer games, so a video card like the 6600 GT or 6800 will give it a real boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom