Dell M991 monitor won't power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisdomRacing

Baseband Member
Ok well I just got a Dell 19" CRT monitor at a swap meet for $20 (haha) and the first time I turned it on it worked great. But then after I took it back to my house and tried it it wouldn't do anything. I tried 3 cords but nothing. However when I tried the third the monitor made some funky noises (like when speakers are getting interference, followed by some flickering of the led light. So I yanked out the power cord and smelled around a little until my fears were confirmed and I could smell something burning. Now nothing happens. I tried the 2 other cords in different parts of my house and then the third also in different parts of the house. All that I get is the occasional flicker of the led but other than that...nothing. I did open it up and replace the fuse and look around and make sure everything looked good but I lack knowledge with monitors. Any help would be appreciated or the name of a good (cheap) monitor repair place in OC area.

Wisdom..............out

umm fry'd it.. defintly.. maybe a surge or something came.. but defintyl fry'd... because if you smelled it.. that's baaaaad [/sheep noise]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom