Celeron D vs Pentium 4 which to choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimjim5107

Beta member
ok well i currently have a celeron D 2.9 ghz, hyper thread, 800 mhz front side bus CPU.....

but i read alot on the internet its the inferior processor and etc...

but im in a very small budget as i dont want my mother to spend to much money only around 100-200 dollar price range maybe.

so i was just wondering would like a 2.6 pentium 4 be superior or equal to a 2.9 celeron d? the help would be much appreciated.

The Celeron is the most horrible processor made for gaming, they are good for general computer use. P4's are great for gaming. A 2.6 P4 is superior to a 2.9 Celeron. The P4's are getting more affordable. For around $180 you can get a 3.0 Ghz P4, I'll give you some links.

Socket 775 P4 3.0 Ghz- $175

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116200

Socket 478 P4 3.0 Ghz- $179.50

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116171

Let me know if you want to spend a little less and I'll hook you up.

Not many people use tiger direct here, we like to use Newegg mainly.

The ones I posted are great for the price and will be great for gaming or general use.

Yeah the pentium 4 will be superior

P4's arn't great for gaming, they just handle it, AMD is great :p. However Intel still has the lead on cyrix and IBM processors...

slimjim5107 said:
ok well i currently have a celeron D 2.9 ghz, hyper thread, 800 mhz front side bus CPU

No such thing. Celeron D only come in a 533mhz bus, and none of them have hyperthreading.

Re: Re: Celeron D vs Pentium 4 which to choose!

uzi9mm said:
No such thing. Celeron D only come in a 533mhz bus, and none of them have hyperthreading.

I thought I was the only one that picked up on that.

Re: Re: Re: Celeron D vs Pentium 4 which to choose!

SHAWN said:
I thought I was the only one that picked up on that.

I didnt think Celeron's had hyperthreading or 800mhz FSB, but I am not an intel guy and didnt want to make a fool out of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom