What's the best PCI G-Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Dimension 2400 is exactly what my friend has. Last week he decided he wanted to play games on it. Basicly he wanted a $80 graphics upgrade but when all possibilities were explored, given the dell 2400 is so limited as a gaming system, he bought a new tower altogether and now has 6800gt graphics

So what I am saying is that while I realise you may not want to build a new tower it is debatable whether it is worth upgrading the dell or just ******* the thing to the side and doing a customised gaming build :)

I assume you want to play games but perhaps you might give some examples of what you wanna play before we decide if the graphics cards suggested can cut it. Certainly if you want to play the latest games to their potential you may forget about upgrading that dell imo

High price to upgrade a low-end comp, and PCI is garbage anyways, I would save up for a new computer, but your decision.

if you haven't changed anything yet, you currently have:
Celeron 2.6
256MB PC3200 generic RAM (running at 266, because of the Celeron)
64MB Intel "Extreme" GFX card
80GB hard drive
250W Dell crappy Power Supply
motherboard with 3 PCI slots

I would recommend just getting a new motherboard, CPU, video card, RAM, case and PSU. basically, all the core components (plus an actual ATX case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom