This is what I'm going to get, any changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicitY

Beta member
-SAMSUNG 915N-Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor
-OCZ EL Platinum 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184 pin DDR
-AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor
-ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Mobo
-XFX PVT70GUDF7 Geforce 7800GT Video Card
-Razer Plasma Diamondback Black Mouse
-ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL/500 Silver/Black Computer Case
-ASPIRE ATX-AS600W-BL 600W Power Supply(the stock power supply got very poor reviews)
-WD Raptor 74GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
-Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker
-CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 Sound Card

What do you think, is that good or should I change somthing?

ps: the computer will be for gamming and web graphics

Change some brands

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Video Card: 7800GTX by eVGA, Leadtek or BFG.
Power Supply: Any brand name power supply, no aspire crap.

Platinum edition sound blaster is on sale at newegg. dont forget windows or as 5 if needed. Get x2 3800+, 4200+, or other x2s if can afford. dont forget optical drives. other than that looks good

stick with the XFX, amazing video card, i have it:D , dont kno y every1 has something against it, and yeah with the lanparty SLI-DR, cept for that looks ok...

oh yeah, 1 more thing...go with Klipsch speakers if u can afford it, WAY better, even the 2.1 system

ok im not paying $600 for a video card.

Ill look into the speakers

and can someone tell me why the lanyparty mobo is better than the one I picked out?

Because asus mobos have problems. dfi is beter for ocing. MSI is good also. Asus is only good for intel, not for amd.

ROger

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127187
the MSI one is for $479

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
the DFI NF4 Ultra-D is THE BEST motherboard for socket 939.
all the world records for Athlon 64 overclocks are on this board.

if you really don't want to pay $135 for a motherboard, the MSI K8N Neo4-F is a good board. it overclocks well, not as much as the DFI, but it's less expensive.

if you do get the Audigy 2, get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102171]this one
it is $121 plus a $50 rebate, so that makes it $71
however I would be inclined to stick with the 7.1 sound on the DFI or MSI board

for RAM: if you want to overclock, definately get G.Skill with Samsung TCCD's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231015

they're guaranteed to get at least DDR600

simplicitY,
Newegg.com has those Raptor OEM drives on sale right now for $161 after main in rebate! Not too sure how long that sale will last but my friend just bought 2 of them. Also, check out the latest edition of Maximum PC regarding the LCD monitors. One of thier highest rated ones is below and pretty cheap on Newegg.

ViewSonic VP191B Black 19" 8ms (gray-to-gray); 20ms (black- LCD Monitor - Retail $439.99

or

ViewSonic VP171B-2 Black 17" LCD Monitor - Retail $329.99

As for the motherboard... Not too sure about other people's recommendation of the DFI Lan Party, read the customer reviews on it.

apokalipse "the DFI NF4 Ultra-D is THE BEST motherboard for socket 939. all the world records for Athlon 64 overclocks are on this board."

I keep seeing these boards mentioned here on TF, but if you read the reviews on Newegg, there are a lot of posts mentioning the difficulty of getting this thing up and running. Why is that?

Igetshockedalot said:
apokalipse "the DFI NF4 Ultra-D is THE BEST motherboard for socket 939. all the world records for Athlon 64 overclocks are on this board."

I keep seeing these boards mentioned here on TF, but if you read the reviews on Newegg, there are a lot of posts mentioning the difficulty of getting this thing up and running. Why is that?

People are dumb, and it's a sterotype of the board.

If you want to do advanced stuff like overclocking, this board is harder to do stuff like overclocking.

Usually when you look into the bios of a system, it's fairly straight foward,not many options.

DFI just has every option possible, and 99.5% of people will never need to touch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom