System hangs on WinXp install

Status
Not open for further replies.

3l1t3

Baseband Member
I needed to repair WinXp Home with SP1. I booted from cd, put sata floppy drivers in, and chose repair. It finished "repairing", restarted, and went to this screen where it was supposed to finish installing. It sat there, with these green dots moving at the bottom, and with the windows tips changing, but it would not move from 39 mins. (i waited for like an hour) The computer just hangs and will not continue at 39 mins.

Any ideas?

(i have a dfi lanparty w/ nforce4 chipset, and installed the nvidia SATA driver and the RAID driver)

TY!:cool:

I just had this issue 2 days ago. Bad news it dead. I had to format and reinstall my OS. Mine would reach 34% then give a BSOD. I even took my system back to factory setting and still nothing. I hope someone else has a solution for you cause nothing worked for me. Best of luck to ya.

Do you absolutely need to add the sata drivers on the repair? If not, try repairing with adding those drivers.

I don't know if this is it or not, but when I had a laptop, when it got hot enough, XP install would hang and I couldn't finish. Wierd. I had to put a fan on the computer and start when it was cold and it would install XP without a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom