Odd Problem with GFX Card FAN! Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Ok, as some of you may know in my previous post when I kept getting an error about my nVidia GeForceFX5900 not getting enough power and hearing ticking..I originally came to the conclusion that it was my power supply failing. I now figured out the following.

-> Originally I found out my video card fan was not running so it was overheating, I took out the card and blew out as much dust as I could with .. don't laugh..but a leaf blower on Low. It seemed to work as I put the card back in and the card ran fine for about a week.

Now today, The insufficient nvidia power box came up again so I shut my computer down and thought I am going to have to take the fan part off the video card and see whats up. So I turn my computer on just now after work and I am watching my fan. It is running! and it only runs upto the point where the Windows Login comes up. Then there was like 2 clicks somewhere in my computer and the fan just stopped.

I am dumbfounded at this finding and clueless on how to fix it! Please, somebody help!

You do have the 4-pin molex connector into the side of it right? If it even takes it?

And from what I am seeing for the PSU:

1. Never heard of that brand
2. That is a lot of components to power. It is your PSU, need a higher wattage.

How many amps does it put out at 12V?

I do have a 4-pin connector on the side of the video card from the PSU. Why would the fan shut off if it is already running if it is the PSU? Should I disconnect other fans in my computer case to see if that helps the PSU give more power to the video card?

Do you really think its my fan or something dealing with my PSU. I'm wondering which one it is. I don't have all the money in the world, I would rather save it up for my airsoft gun and not replace something I do not need. Only thing about it being the fan is that when it does run, it spins fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom